Sunday 6 December 2015

Stamping Techniques Blog Hop

Welcome to another Close to My Heart Consultants Blog Hop!  For this hop, we are focusing on stamping techniques! And I, for one, am excited to learn some new techniqes and ideas for putting my stamp collection to good use!!




If you have come from GINA'S BLOG, then you are in the right spot!  The hop is a big circle, but if you lose your way, just head to Melinda's blog for a complete list of all the participating consultants!  Here we go:

For my technique, I created a background using 4 colours of ink ( Crystal Blue, lagoon, Sapphire and Peacock) and then stamped and embossed with white daisy and some embossing powder mixed with glitter!

I started by lightly sponging ink all over the cardstock, beginning with the lightest colour.  I misted it a bit to blur the colour, and added some small dabs of white daisy and then some watercolour splashes for texture.  I then stamped some snowflakes with white daisy and embossed them with white embossing powder mixed with glitter.



Once I had the background, I added some Cricut cuts from the Art Philosophy cartridge, and used some glitter on them, too!!  Foil or white shimmer trim completed the edges and the cards were complete!





Thank you for checking out our hop!  I hope you are inspired to use your stamps and inks in a new way!  I love making my own backgrounds!  Now head on over to
 JEN'S BLOG, to see what she has in store for you!


8 comments:

  1. WOW! this card is amazing! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The various snowflakes add great texture to your card! Love the color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Gorgeous card...I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the embossed with the glitter snowflakes. Those blues really pop the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job Jacquelin!! Your sponged background and snowflakes look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. I love your sponged backgrounds. The background really makes the snowflakes standout.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments - they help me make this blog better! Thanks!